Mold growing in your ducts, an infestation of rodents or insects, excessive debris blowing from your ducts? These are all signs that you should be checking your air ducts.
To prevent re-cleaning your air ducts, we suggest finding the source of the contaminants in your home and getting rid of them. Here are a few guidelines to follow:
- Seal leaky ducts. This will prevent dust from being sucked in from your attic or crawl space.
- Dust and vacuum your home often.
- Remove wet or moldy duct insulation that couuld be caused from water damage.
- Smell an offensive odor? Have someone come out and service the system.
- Check your air filters and change them when visibly dirty. This is a service we can help with!
- Have your air conditioner unit serviced and the cooling coils and drain pans cleaned.
During normal operation, dust can accumulate in ductwork that can lead to microbial growth. Duct cleaning has been shown to reduce this, as well as increase the efficiency of your system. In some cases of extreme buildup, it can increase efficiency as much as 40 percent! Following these guidelines will keep your family happy and healthy!