Not only is exercise good for our bodies, but it is also good for our homes. Like your body, many things in your home that are used regularly can benefit from these simple home maintenance tips to keep them in tip-top shape and save on repairs:
- If water doesn’t flow through dishwashers and washing machines, seals and gaskets can dry up becoming brittle and then leaking once used
- If a water heater doesn’t have water run regularly, sediment builds up and reduces the life of the water heater
- If your air conditioner and heater are not run for months, the coils become dirty and the moving parts don’t get lubricated
- If your garbage disposal, washing machine, dishwasher, etc. aren’t run periodically, the internal moving parts don’t get lubricated
- Dirty air filters will increase energy costs and shorten the equipment’s life
- Undiscovered water leaks will quickly turn into mold situations
- Don’t forget your car also needs to be run to keep the engine and moving parts lubricated!
When you are away from your home for an extended period of time, it will not get the exercise it needs to keep functioning properly. This could lead to costly repairs. Hiring a professional home watch company is a great idea because they are equipped with the knowledge and expertise to exercise your home’s equipment properly. The cost savings, coupled with complete peace of mind knowing your property is properly maintained, makes it a simple decision to hire a professional.
Be cautious of using someone who is not aware nor trained in proper function and validation of these systems — you may be saving pennies today but will be spending dollars in the future on repairs.
Don’t trust your most valuable asset to someone who is not properly trained, accredited, licensed and insured! Call us today for a free consultation!